Type 2, Class B Concrete Curing Compound
TSC-100™ is a liquid membrane compound manufactured under TxDOT standards. TSC-100™ is a white pigment curing compound that complies with the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) requirements of the US EPA /ACR. TSC-100TM is applied to freshly poured concrete surface to prevent rapid water evaporation. When properly applied, the cure forms an impermeable membrane that holds moisture in the concrete therefore helping the newly poured concrete to keep the surface cooler and prevents heat buildup.
TSC-100™ is applied as soon as freshly concrete has been placed. TSC-100™ is ideal on Horizontal and Exterior Surfaces such as Airports Runways, State and County Highways, Dams, Canals and areas that require moist retention.
TSC-100™ complies with the following:
- ASTM C-309, Type 2, Class B
- AASHTO M 148, Type 2, Class B
- FAA Item P-501 and P-610-2.11 (e)
- VOC Content limit 350 g/l
Apply TSC-100™ right after the concrete receives its final finishing and the water sheen disappears. Apply by brush, roller, sprayer or paving train. Temperatures above 40°F are recommended.
COVERAGE: Aprox. 200 ft2/gal (4.91 m2/l). Coat uniformly, leave no gaps, for best results use sprayer at 40 psi with a flow of 1⁄2 gal per minute. If encounter settling, mix gently prior to use Please note that spraying equipment must be cleaned before application.
Typically 1 – 4 hrs depending on application rate, temperature and humidity. Avoid traffic during this time
Greater than 200° F
- Do not apply when temperatures are bellow 40° F, keep from freezing.
- Do not mix or dilute with other compounds that contain solvents such as Mineral Spirits, or fluids that might contain petroleum distillates.
- Please note that spraying equipment must be cleaned before and after application with water and soap.
- If you find dirty equipment with dried product use Mineral Spirit.
- Follow instruction of MSDS for health and Safety Instructions.
- TSC-100TM should be stored in a tightly sealed factory container. We recommend storage in horizontal position to avoid moister accumulation.
- Store it under roof if possible, especially if temperatures are below 40° F.
- 55 Gal Drums, 275 Gal Totes
- 6000 Gal Tanks
The information contained on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge, but is intended only as a source of information. The recommendations or suggestions herein are made without guarantee or representation as to results, and we suggest that you evaluate the recommendation contained on this page in your own laboratory prior to use. Our responsibility for claims arising from breach of warranty, negligence or otherwise is limited to the purchase price of the material.